Many companies block their employees from viewing such sites as hotmail.com,
AIM, and games.msn.com in hopes to maintain some productivity..   anyone
heard of a company blocking slashdot.org for the same reasons? :-)

My guess is it dosnt happen because the people to set up the blocking
mechanizms are the ones viewing slashdot...    much the same way quake
servers happen to end up on unused machines in the back room with static IP
addresses on fast internet connections...