On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 05:57:18PM -0500, Lorry wrote:
> I was trying to use sendmail, since I already have it and it is the
> default setting in mutt.

I think that mutt is pretty much MTA agnostic.  I think that the
confusion comes from the fact that most (all ?) MTA provide
compatibility with Sendmail - i.e. on Debian, exim (along with
other MTAs) provides a version /usr/lib/sendmail and this file is
what mutt invokes to send the mail.  So I would recommend that
you try a simpler MTA than Sendmail, so that you'll have an
easier time debugging.