Quoting Chuck Milam (chuck at redroot.org):

> Any update on the Red Hat 7.2 release?  All the mirrors seem to have it,
> but the perms are still set tight on the 7.2 directory.
>
> Isn't this kind of strange?  I don't recall a Red Hat release being
> delayed quite in this manner before.

The release to the official mirrors is early this time so that all(?) of us
can get the files before the official release.

The last release was made 2 days after the official mirrors could get the files,
so official mirrors where competing with end users for bandwidth, which ticked
off a lot of mirrors.

Since most of the non-US mirrors take several days to get the files, we got
access almost 2 weeks in advance of the official release.

I'm hearing Oct 15th for the official release date.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500