On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 05:01:01PM -0500, Lorry wrote:
> I'm still working on how to send mail out in mutt.  While trying to
> figure this out, I found /etc/HOSTNAME and I opened it.  It read
> 'alcyone.astound.net' -- astound.net is my old cable provider from St.
> Cloud, but now I'm using Time Warner.  I don't know why the alcyone is
> there.  It's one of my nicknames, but it's not and never has been my
> username.  But I'm assuming I don't need this file to read that anymore.
>  Should I change it to mn.rr.com?  Or do I still need an alcyone at the
> beginning?  Is this causing problems for me when I try to send mail out?

First of all, which mailer have you installed? (If any) and it really
shouldn't matter if you have alcyone.astound.net in there if you're just
sending mail to another smtp server.
If you have installed a mailer does it make any errors in any logfiles?

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>