That's interesting.... I've set them up in a quite complex network (enough
that the 3rd level of WatchGuard tech support said it wasn't supported and
probably couldn't be done).  Other than my own problem of figuring out just
what needed to be routed where and how to accomplish it, the setup of the
fireboxes was not a problem.  I would be interested to know what "blown up"
means, exactly.  I wouldn't expect you to be able to kill a box completely
except if you were trying to flash the ROM (which I have done with no
problems).  If you're just doing a configuration update, the worst you
should have to do is put a crossover cable between two of the ethernet ports
in a loopback type of configuration to default to a basic configuration.

> My recommendation is to avoid them like the plague..

That's fine.  We're all entitled to our opinion.  The only reason I
mentioned the Firebox was that I've had good experiences with them, and they
do have an automated method for getting current lists for blocking content
inappropriate for the kiddies.

I also agree with the person who felt that to have someone monitoring
students at the computer is the only sure way to guarantee that no one is
spending their class period in playboy or something worse.  However, I am
also aware that many schools are under the onus of needing to comply with
state-mandated filtering of web content, and in my experience, the Firebox
was and continues to be a choice with which the school I worked for is
pleased.  I cannot say the same for the SonicWall unit we tried.

Dan