As an alternative to Sonic Wall, you could set them up with a Firebox from
WatchGuard Technologies:
http://www.watchguard.com/products/firebox.asp

It is a commercial solution, but WatchGuard, if I understand correctly, has
been a big supporter of open source software (of course, this is to their
own benefit, too, but who can blame them for that).  This is taken directly
from the IPChains HOWTO:

"You can buy off-the-shelf firewalls.  An excellent one is WatchGuard's
FireBox.  It's excellent because I like it, it's secure, it's Linux-based,
and because they funded the maintenance of ipchains as well as the new
firewalling code (for 2.4).  In short, WatchGuard were paying for me to eat
while I work for you.  So please consider their stuff."

I have set up a couple of Firebox II units for a high school, and while you
certainly have to know what it is you're doing with regards to setting up a
firewall, the setup and configuration was straightforward, and the boxes
have been quite stable and their performance is quite good.

-Dan