> Actually, I found something interesting that I didn't find covered
> the book yet.  Anyone know why this works? :
>
> :0 hfw
>
> I havent looked through the procmail source yet to figure out WTF its
> doing to actually get a correct value, but who knows.
>
> Any ideas?

This is a filter, so whatever it does replaces the original email.
Basically, once you pipe the email into the program, you can't get it back
into your procmail recipe so the output of the program is just sent to the
main mailbox.

As far as what it does, let's see.  It passes in the whole header and not
the body.  If the 'Content-Length:' header is not there, pipe the header
into the formail command which will add it for us.  The 'w' says to wait
till formail returns until ending the recipe.

If I understand this correctly, the new header will replace the entire
original email, body and all.  This doesn't seem that useful to me, but
might make more sense depending on what the other recopies are doing.

I haven't tried it so I can't be sure.  Have you ran this recipe?

David Blevins