Hi there...

For the last week or two I'm getting about 2-3 days of uptime before
my machine is just lock.   Sysrq doesn't work, Numlock goes out, etc. etc.

I have been through all the logs and can't find an oops or a panic of anysort.

I thought for a while that possible MySQL had something to do with it but I
havn't been able to prove that.  Doing a bin dump doesn't show any common
query being run when the locks happen.

My third attempt to "Fix" this problem was upgrading from Slackware 7.1 to
Slackware 8.0... However it continues to barf.

Most of the hardware is under a year old.  I think my floppy drive is used.

Dual P3 550   Asus P2b-DS (With the latest bios patches)

I'm just about at a loss to tracking down this error, (There doesn't seem to
be anything I can do to reproduce it.  I have put the machine under and
extreme load, compiling several things at once, running Unreal and Xmame at
the same time while playing MP3s.  I have been able to get my CPU load up to
26-28 and not crash it.

Thoughts, comments?

--

|\/|ike at GetBent.net