On Tue, 2001-10-02 at 17:35, steve wrote:
> Zibby, deep breaths, good air in, bad air out...repeat.  Sit back, do
> this four thousand, two hundred and sixteen times.   You will feel

It's nice to have the bleeding edge packaged, but many package
developers are deciding to stay away from bleeding edge because of the
enabling of 'user who cant debug' to use their packages.  Theres some
sort of feeling that 'oh, its packaged! it has to be stable, featurful,
and not break my system or im going to go kill them for doing such a
horrible thing to me and MY MACHINE'

this is a true threat to package developers.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  irc://irc.openprojects.net/linuxos