Zibby, deep breaths, good air in, bad air out...repeat.  Sit back, do
this four thousand, two hundred and sixteen times.   You will feel
better or you will pass out in which case you will feel nothing for a
short time.  I/we know that doing a compile isn't really that bad. For
those of us that are too stupid (me) or can't get Debian to run on their
hardware (me, again) we would like RPM's.  Yes, I am running Mandrake
8.1 which does label me as a bit of a pariah/idiot. Here, I learn new
things that I can use at work everyday.  I thank you for your support
but you need to settle down buddy, it's ok.  Linux is not just for the
geek at heart anymore, learn to live with it.  It may even work to your
benefit.  Sometime in the next five years Microsoft will fall much in
the same way that IBM did in the 80's,  When it does something will need
to fill the void.  My guess is that it will be Mac OSX on the desktop
and Linux on the server.  Windows is flawed, we all know it.  Something
better has to happen.  It will  soon.  In the mean time, breathe in,
breathe out, repeat........cont.......