Outside of addressing issues, there isn't really anything to make linux work with your router. Make sure your network card is configured properly with your cisco and bam! just like that.
google search using 'minicom cisco 675 settings' gives forth such websites as
www.getnet.com/~awagner/Page4.html
which is a great resource when using minicom to communicate with the router. Really only necessary when tweaking or upgrading the router.
is this a new connection or is your cisco all set up already? If so, nothing special needs to be done to get it to work under linux. If it is a new connection, use minicom to set up the router based on the info your ISP gave you.
HTH
-Kevin