On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Jay Kline wrote:

> The last time I tried doing DVD with LiVid, it couldnt do encrypted DVD's
> (copyright blah blah blah...).  Which DVD did you watch and was it encrypted?

It was an older DVD, I swiped it from the "what the hell is this
and why are we keeping it" closet at work, it's some promotional deal we
got awhile back.  If I can find the original paperwork I can send in for
my certification papers on selling portable display units or something.  I
never made it to the video store to rent Antitrust like I had planned.  I
was curious about the encryption thing myself, with the noise from DeCSS I
wasn't sure how they would've slipped it into LiViD without the MPAA
noticing.

So, who's gotten DVD working so far on linux?  I've had it for a whole day
now so I'm very much a newbie, what am I getting into that I haven't
thought of yet?

-Brian