On Sunday 30 September 2001 23:39, you wrote:
> Dice.com:
>
> /ASP/: 1426 jobs matching
>
> /PHP/: 77 jobs matching
>
> Sad.
>
> But luckilly:
> /perl/: 2494
>
> But unfortunately none of those are in Minneapolis :(
>
> I guess a lot of companies just heard that they absolutely "need" their
> website to be written with ASP.

That maybe true but are you sure that ASP stands for "Active Server Pages" in
all those cases? There is the "Application Service Provider" and at least one
other ASP that escapes me at the moment.

Also does the article Bob referenced didn't make it clear. Did Gartner
suggest Apache or iPlanet on a platform other than Windows? If not shouldn't
Apache be able to handle ASP's as well as IIS on Windows? (Not that you'd
want it to necessarily.)

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com