On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:36:39AM -0600, David Blevins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hats off to the TC Linux User Group for the non-commercially driven and
> friendly atmosphere.  The few meetings I have attended were focused on
> learning something and not selling something, but most importantly, enjoying
> good company.  The TCLUG mailing list follows this feel and is very relaxed,
> friendly, and open.  I've always wanted something similar for Java people,
> so I finally got motivated and started one.
>
> This TCJUG is entirely different than the TCJUG hosted by Intertech in
> Edina.  That group isn't community controlled, has no mailing list, _no beer
> meetings_, and is focused on InterTech's interests rather than the local
> community's interests.
>
> The new Twin Cities Java User Group will be more social and informal, with a
> focus on getting to know each other and exchanging info first-hand. Oh, and,
> of course, occasional beer meetings.  It will be more or less identical to
> the TCLUG, but with Java as the theme instead of Linux.
>
> I remember there being a large amount of Java developers at the last TCLUG
> meeting I was at, I hope all of you will join and bring the TCLUG's casual,
> friendly atmosphere to the new TCJUG.

Sorry to be on-topic but are

      #    #    #     #    #        #####  #     # #     #
      #   # #   #     #   # #      #     # #     #  #   #
      #  #   #  #     #  #   #     #       #     #   # #
      # #     # #     # #     #     #####  #     #    #
#     # #######  #   #  #######          # #     #   # #

messages allowed on that mailing list?

Also what other kinds of flame-fests can you have on that mailing list?
IDEs and debuggers is pretty lame...

florin
who works in java against his judgement...

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4