On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Marc A. Ohmann wrote:
> I'll never understand why people would search for cnn don't they know its
> cnn.com?  My brother-in-law searches google for hotmail whenever he wants
> to check his mail -- he says its faster than typing hotmail.com.  Some
> people I just don't get.

 Because, by about 8:30am CST, cnn.com was mostly
unresponsive.  *Everyone* was trying to look at it.  Think of the
Slashdot Effect(tm) times a thousand.  So people were looking elsewhere
for any information collected by CNN.
 Or so I'd guess.  I just remember CNN inadvertantly got DOS'd by a
news-starved public in short order that morning.

     Jima