Assuming your question is "how to write a script that sends mail" and not
"how to get MRTG to call a script", you could do something like the
following:

--snip--

#!/usr/bin/sh
TO="your.name at your.address.com"

POST ()
{
mail $1 <<!
Subject: Traffic is at 0%

Here is the body of the message.  You can put multiple
lines of text here. What delineates the end of the message
body is a ! on a line all by itself.  The beginning of the
message was the ! above.
!
}

POST $TO

--snip--

You could also keep the message body in a separate file and then just run

cat file.txt|mail you at your.address.com

but I think it's easier to maintain if everything is stored in one file.

Petre

On 11/28/01, 8:29:57 AM, "Raymond Norton" <ray at lctn.k12.mn.us> wrote
regarding [TCLUG] need Sendmail/mrtg help:

> I am setting up our MRTG configs to use the Threshold feature, and send
out
> an automated email when traffic reaches 0%. I understand how to make the
> additions to my configs, but I am at a loss how to write a script that
can
> be called by MRTG which will send the email when the threshold is
reached.