I was toying with usbmgr this evening when I discovered that it has the
ability to run scripts whenever some USBish is plugged in or removed.
"Ah-ha!" quoth I, "Now I can automatically mount and umount my DiskOnKey
drive!" A quick test demonstrated that yes, I can automatically mount it
whenever I plug it in, but automatic umounting produces an error (no big
surprise, since the script umounts the drive whenever it is pulled, so
naturally there is no physical drive to umount, only the mount point). On
further reflection, I wondered if this was such a good idea.
	The DiskOnKey partition is vfat (for cross-platform friendliness) and as far
as I understand matters, so long as I do not pull it out when the LED is
blinking rapidly (indicating data transfer), things should be fine. It's
basically flash memory, so aside from producing a small error message in
/var/log/messages, everything should be fine, right? Several tests haven't
resulted in any apparent corruption, but I'd like to know the more technical
side of the matter.
	TIA,
	:Peter