On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 02:56:26PM -0600, Mike Hicks wrote:
> For folks with cars..
>
> Since I usually have a friend or two get their car towed at least once
> each winter, I figured I'd mention that Minneapolis has declared a snow
> emergency for the first time this season.  Other cities in the area
> probably have done the same thing.

I know St. Paul has.  I think the burbs have a different method of
dealing with it - one that involves 'no on-street parking, period'.

> There's more info at the city's web site [http://www.ci.mpls.mn.us/].
> They're supposed to have an e-mail alert system, but I guess it's not
> working yet this season.

It's working - I got the alert about 4:45-5:00PM today (Tuesday).  If
anyone is interested, I can dig out the URL to get signed up.  It was
being handled by Channel4000 last year, but someone else this year.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org