On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 02:50:43PM -0600, Lorry wrote:
> When I reply to an email, I want my address to show as whatever address the
> person wrote to me under.  I thought I had it set up to do this, but adding
> my_hdr From ... seems to override it.  Is there anyway to have it do this
> and also have it just show my first name?

Don't know about the only showing your first name part, but "set
alternatives" lets you specify a regex and any address which matches
it will be considered to be your address.  Then "set
reverse_name=yes" and mutt will use the address the mail was received
at (provided it matches the alternatives regex) as the From: address
on replies.  I see there's also a reverse_realname option, but I
don't know how much good that will do you.

> Why doesn't set realname="Lorry"
> work?

I see in man muttrc:

       realname
                       ...   Note  that this variable will not be
              used when the user has set a real name in the $from
              variable.

Might that be why it's not working for you?

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss