I've had this problem with every one of my NEC 3V's.
Was it like this from the beginning or did this start recently?
> My monitor has started to act funny.  Whenever the computer starts and
> runs through the post, the display is shifted to the right and the
> corners curved in.  Once it is done with the post the display is fine.
> When I start X, I have to adjust the display to the left, expand it,
> and
> straighten the corners using the monitor menu.
>
> Any ideas as to what is causing this.

Well.  The X thing may be solved by using a generic monitor instead of
specifying one.  Or find a resolution that works.
With my 3V the screen would shift on different resolutions but at
1024x768 it was fine.  Then if I res'd down it would scrunch everything
into the center of the screen for some reason.
It sucked big time.
I changed the monitor (via Xconfigurator) to a generic 1024x768 SVGA and
everything works great now.
This also worked for win98.
I would play with the X settings for a while.

As long as the shift is only in the post then there shouldn't be any
problems with actually using the machine.  I don't know what the problem
is but mine does the same thing.

sim