> Okay, so I've got this old server with EISA slots.  I keep hearing that Linux
> doesn't support EISA systems very well.  Is this true, if so is there a
> distro that has this figured out now?
	no, it's microchannel that linux doesn't have good support for. I've
even heard that it's not so much the architecture itself; but that no one
has written drivers for a lot of the devices that you're likely to find.

> If not, what other options do I have to use for an OS?
	whatever it came with, generally.

> It's a dual pentium system, 128 MB ram, 5 internal scsi drives (either 500MB
> or 1GB each), as well as two external scsi drives, tape drive, cdrom.
> There's no IDE drives in there currently.
	if you didn't pay too much money for it; consider stripping it for
parts. I've got an IBM microchannel server, that I haven't quite figured out
what to do with yet. it's a P90 with 96MB, and a 6GB SCSI RAID array (all
1GB SCA drives). paid $4 for it at gov't auction; but I don't have much use
for it. the memory might be good for something, and the SCSI drive cage
might be useful; but beyond that, it doesn't have enough processing power to
make it much more than an endtable (a job it does rather well, actually).

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises