On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 02:02:47PM -0600, Miller, John wrote:
> My monitor has started to act funny.  Whenever the computer starts and
> runs through the post, the display is shifted to the right and the
> corners curved in.  Once it is done with the post the display is fine.
> When I start X, I have to adjust the display to the left, expand it, and
> straighten the corners using the monitor menu.
>
> Any ideas as to what is causing this.

have you degaussed it?
do you have any strong magnetic fields near your monitor? I got a 21"
monitor that had a pretty badly warped display at first; but did get better
over time; so I suspect something to do with differing magnetic conditions
between where it had been, and where I put it.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises