Hello.
I want to edit some configuation files to see if I can get SAMBA to work. I
have leanred to use Emacs, but I can't actually edit the configuration file,
as it says I can do in the tutorial, because the configuratin file
(/etc/samba/smb.conf) is a read-only file. I've tried gettinginto Emacs from
root, but I get weird error messages.

The same kind of thing happens when I try to use Comanche to configure
Apache. All of this is happening off of SuSE Linux 7.3. Any suggestions?
Also, at the upcoming Installfest, is there likely to be anyone there to help
me load and unload the hardware, as I will be there by myself.

Marc Olivier
(See, I like linux so much I'm using kmail!)