> My portable search has brought me to an IBM A30 notebook (the employee
> discount helps a lot ;).
	looks like a pretty sexy laptop, from what I've seen of IBM's
A-series. :) wish I had a halfway decent excuse to buy one.

> It comes with Win98 (better than adding to XP's
> numbers), but I'll want to run Mandrake on it as my primary OS (considering
> dual-boot). Does anyone happen to know if I'll be able to run Mandrake on
> this machine? I'm particularly wondering if I'll be able to get the ATI
> Mobility Radeon up and running OpenGL apps (Quake).

try following this thread:
http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2001-September/011493.html

It looks like you can; tho you may have to get the latest Xfree86 from CVS.
(I think there's a new release slated for Real Soon Now, tho).

tell us how it goes; or bring it to an installfest. I'd like to see it. :)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises