I'm trying to set up ssl-enabled apache on my Debian box for doing web
email (I'll probably be begging for help on that later). I have apache
set up, nicely configured, and running nicely, and the https side of
things is...kinda working. I'd like some advice...

  * should I use mod_ssl or the apache-ssl package? Performance is not a
    major concern, this is just for me and several friends.

  * what's the best way to configure what I use? Any silly mistakes to
    avoid?

  * and, any suggestions on a web email client? I have aeromail and it
    looks pretty nice, but we're still shopping around.

Thanks everybody. Now I have to go back to watching the Junkyard Wars
marathon.

Dan