Hi,

I've been in contact with Chris Hanson and some of the other Debian
developers for the HP OmniBook GNU/Linux project

http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/projects/omnibook/details.php?MODEL=500

As luck would have it, I have the one configuration that no one
thought would be needed.  Good news is they are willing to knock
together some boot disks.  In the mean time I've loaded RedHat 7.2,
and it's running.

Here's the stupid part.  I want to install TeXmacs
(http://www.texmacs.org/), so I've downloaded the rpm.  But, when I
say

$ rpm -i TeXmacs-0.3.5.7-1.i386.rpm

nothing happens.  I did rpm -q -l -p <file> and it showed me all the
stuff that ought to be in it.  I tried to install something with
GnoRPM (from rpmfind) and it failed, and this does too.

Yes, I am logged in a root for this.  But rpm won't seem to do any
actual installing.  What am I missing?  I'm not used to programs being
just dead in the water.  rpm Doesn't show up in top, though it shows in
the GnomeTop if you scroll down.  Vert weird.

Cheers
Phil

--
I used to like HP before computers, and once I even liked Compaq,
but I liked DEC better than HP and Compaq put together.