On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 09:16:18AM -0600, Jeremy Shawley wrote:
> Can you give some reasons why you will be happy when they will be
> gone? I hope you can come up with something better than "It doesn't
> run linux". If you are going to say things like this, please make some
> justifications.

Believe it or not, it's not that it doesn't run Linux that's my problem.
It's that wonderful oganically grown filesystem layout that IRIX seems
to love so dearly.  Every system is different, but every time I log on
to an IRIX box, I get this queasy feeling that "something is wrong with
the force."

> At anyrate, just have the decency to give some justification to your
> argument, as far as we know, you are just a really bad sysadmin and
> don't know how to admin the systems.

You know.  I don't really need to give you more reason that personal
preference.  That's what's wonderful about operating systems and being
putting on the BOFH hat every once and a while.  You are correct that
you can assume no more than you know from the comment, especially if you
reference no other emails to this list posted by yours truely.  If you
want to assume that I'm a bad admin, then go ahead.  If you want to
assume that I have lice, eat goldfish, and live under your bed, than I'm
your boogie-man.

IMHO, IRIX is a pain in the ass, and I'll be happy when I no longer have
to deal with it.  Qualifier for that statement, because I'm a BOFH.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Key fingerprint = B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD