On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 08:52:50AM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> I can't tell you how happy I'll be when I can get rid of the SGI O2's
> and Origin's in the IMA!

Bob and others wonder:
> Really? Care to share?

Heh.  Not like it'll happen.  They _are_ nice boxes; I just despise IRIX
with a passion.  My opinion tends to agree with those already expressed
on the list.  IRIX == The Wrong Way (tm).  SGI Hardware == Very Cool
(tm).

Now, if we could get Linux to run on these boxes, I'd be a very happy
man.  Carl pretty much summed up the reasons why in his email, so I'll
not dwell on it further.

Oh, on Logical Volume Management on IRIX, it's part of XFS.  I think if
you grep the XFS discussion lists, you'll probably see questions
regarding that very topic.  It'd be interesting to hear what SGI plans
to do w/the XFS LVM.  Linux's LVM works quite well, by the way.  It's in
1.0.1rc4 right now, which has fortunately been merged with 2.4.15-pre6,
I believe.  Another nice merge into 2.4-pre series is ext3! ;-)  I know
what I'll be doing once it is! ;-)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Key fingerprint = B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD