I'm not a lawyer, but I can't see how it would be illegal for Dell to bundle whatever they want, in whatever configuration they want, so long as it doesn't contradict a specific court order.  So it's not illegal for Dell to 'force' me to buy a USB port on a laptop, even though it would work fine without it.  Similarly they keep including that Print Scrn/SysRq key, and that alone is enough to put me off Dell :)

Now whether it's 'right' is a different question (the answer being 'no'), but I can't see it being illegal.