I disagree: I think it's A LOT self-serving.  I've seen price tags for
the 'value' of the software they'll be 'giving away' range from $500
million to $900 million depending on what discounted price is used.  Mind
you, it's not like this is going to COST Microsoft this much money.  It's
not lost sales for them because these poor schools never would have had
the money to buy this stuff in the first place.  And the cost of
producing the disks is negligable, if they even use disks.

No, I think MS should just be fined, perhaps with the money going to
those schools to use as they see fit.

On 11/21/01, 10:18:45 AM, Paul Overby <poverby at megsinet.net> wrote
regarding [TCLUG] mircosoft settlement option: