Got a few more quick (I hope) questions.
Now that I have the modem thing figured out...
Mandrake 8.1 comes with Tux Racer right?
But how does one configure the system to actually run and play the game?

Use Xfree 4.?  or 3.? or 3.? accelerated?
I was thinking one should be able to do this without doing any extra
d/l's,
might be an error on my part.
For general information my monitor is a CTX model VL700
(linux seems to always think it's something else)
Graphics card  3d Prophet II MX by Hercules (Guillemot) and
should be an Nvidia Gforce II (I assumed)
  I messed around and did get it to run once, or at least the opening
screen,
then it died.  Then started messing with the video settings in Harddrake
till
I manged to kill off X alltogether :)
Must be an easier way...
I was allmost ready to order the Mandrake gamers edition, but at $89.00
it had better work better then this...
Back to trial and error ...  Any suggestions welcome, and BTW I have all
3 Mandrake CD's
burned from ISO's.
RS