Can you give some reasons why you will be happy when they will be gone? I
hope you can come up with something better than "It doesn't run linux". If
you are going to say things like this, please make some justifications.

The fact is that IRIX is an incredable OS, it does have it's issues, but what
OS doesn't.  If I was in a business position, I would choose IRIX over linux
in just about every case. And talk about some amazing hardware. If anyone on
this list has ever seen a 1024 processor Origin 3800, you know what I mean. I
don't see linux scaling to 1024 processors as a single image system, hell I
don't even see solaris doing that.

At anyrate, just have the decency to give some justification to your
argument, as far as we know, you are just a really bad sysadmin and don't
know how to admin the systems.