On Tuesday 20 November 2001 11:58, Paul Overby wrote:
> Blue Cross Blue Shield seems to offer some very low rates.
>
> I was always very pleased with them in the past including some difficult
> coverages involving multiple insurance companies.  Something you don't
> ever want to be involved in.  Last time I had BC/BS was 1999.
>
> Might want to check them out.
>
> http://www.bluecrossmn.com/findaplan/awarecare.html

Not to sound harsh, but I've never had any good experience with BC/BS (the
last two a very decriptive of them, because they are BS!).  If you're a
single employee, or a group of employees in a small company I'd recommend
looking around.  My wife was on BC/BS in a small company (less than 50).  We
were paying almost $400 a month for a family of 3.  On top of that, we had
20/80 coverage.  BC/BS would pay 20% and we'd get nailed with the rest
because they would claim they don't cover those services.  Not to mention you
have to be referred for just about anything from your regular doctor.

Regardless of the company one recommends, someone will always have a bad
experience.  Mine was downright awful, so I won't ever deal with them again
if possible.  Where I work, we use Medica Choice.  So far, one of the best
plans I've ever been under.

Shawn