Quoting Thomas Eibner (thomas at stderr.net):
> Has PHP lately gotten anything for templating? I sure haven't noticed and
> all the php code I see has those <?php include 'whatever.php' ?> in them
> and that's =not= my idea of templating. Is there any real solution to
> templating in php where the actual content doesn't require having any
> code in them to call the functions? or require it to run through another
> script to get it processed? I sure hope JSP has a better solution to
> templating than what my knowledge of php's solution is. But how much
> processing of the HTML does PHP actually do? Not much?

The ultimate template is xmlc (xmlc.enhydra.org). This totally seperates
presentation (html, xml, wap, pdf) from business logic. By changing the
presentation into a DOM you can maniupulate the DOM via the w3 java API.

But each problem domain has its own solution. We use xmlc because we have html
designers and backend programmers and xlmc makes working in "seperate" groups
much easier.
--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500