On Monday 19 November 2001 12:02, you wrote:

> BTW, where and how far/long are you going?  Carrying everything in panniers
> or fully supported?

My plan is to cover the whole eastern US: south through the midwest in the
fall (beginning next August), along the gulf coast in the winter, north along
the east coast in the spring, and home along the lakes in the summer.  I'll
be alone, using a trailer to carry my things (including dress clothes, since
this will be a speaking tour).  Thanks for your interest -- I'll be
publicizing like mad in 8 months or so!  --Ben