The reason to use screen is that you don't have to reattach to your
screen session at the console.  You can ssh to your box over the
Internet and attach to it remotely.

If you disconnect from your screen session and then log out, your
screen session is still running.  Just log back in (from anywhere) and
reattach to the session you left running.

Eric