On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 09:54:22AM -0600, Shawn wrote:
> I'm going to be installing Debian stable (woody?)

stable is still potato.

> in the next couple of days
> on my firewall/gateway machine.  Dual NIC's, Pentium 120, 32MB ram.  Is there
> anything in particular I need to watch out for?

No. :)

> I plan on running IPtables on this box instead of IPchains also.  No X
> windows.

I'm not sure, but then I believe you will have to upgrade to a 2.4
kernel.  I think stable still uses 2.2.x

> I've installed Mandrake, Slackware (my typical distro), SuSe and tried one
> instance of RedHat 6.x but not a Debian install.  Just looking for pointers,
> pitfalls to watch out for etc.

Installing isn't bad, especially if you've done Slack before, but not
GUI.  apt-get is your friend, as has been said before.

--
I used to like HP before computers, and once I even liked Compaq,
but I liked DEC better than HP and Compaq put together.