From: Shawn [mailto:fertch at mninter.net]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 11:06 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Co-living 100mb and 10mb ethernet

This brings up an interesting point.  I have two hubs at home, both are
10Mbs.  I was transferring files from one machine to another, and I was
getting collisions. The tranfer was fine, but I got to thinking about this.

I made my own cabling, but I don't know if I have then right or not.  Could
someone either color code both ends for me?  I thought it was like below:

orange
orange-white
blue
blue-white
brown
brown-white
green
green-white
black
black-white

  Is this correct if you are looking at both cable ends with the security
clip towards you going from left to right?  Also, one of my hubs is a 8 port

+bnc + 1 uplink (it's a D-link) and the other is a standard 8 port hub (3
Com).  So, would my uplink port go to port 8 of the 3Com hub?

  If someone can answer this or provide a link of proper cable making
procedures, would appreciate it greatly.

Shawn