"Robert P. Goldman" wrote:

> Robert ---
>
> I wonder if your problem is related to the one I posted yesterday
> (advice for the mechanically declined).
>
> I have a Mandrake 8.1 install and a USR 5610 and I have had some
> anomalous results in my start-up.  Never had this before upgrading to
> Mandrake 8.1 from RH 6.2.
>
> Please see my earlier message.  Have you looked at what dmesg prints?
> I'd be interested to see if you have the same problem.
>
> Best,

Actually yes, after I rebooted and looked again... here it is..
RQ SERIAL_PCI ISAPNP enabled
ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
PCI: Found IRQ 4 for device 00:0d.0
Redundant entry in serial pci_table.  Please send the output of
lspci -vv, this message (4793,4104,4793,215)
and the manufacturer and name of serial board or modem board
to serial-pci-info at lists.sourceforge.net.
ttyS04 at port 0xec00 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
  RS