Carl & Paula Zeilon wrote:

> This modem should work right out the box with Mandrake 8.0 or 8.1.  Mine
> does.  Like Dave said, run Harddrake & see if it is listed.  Sometimes you
> have to manually link it to a certain com port, but that's about it.

Should work yes, but every time I try to dial out is says  "sorry, the modem is
busy"
and that's as far as I get.
In windows it's sitting on com 3 IRQ 11
when I look in (what is it /proc?) /pci I see the modem is sitting at irq 4.
When I try to setup the modem with Harddrake it lists the model num and then gives
me an error
saying it's a winmodem.  Grrrr...
dmesg gives no useful info at this point..
I do see at boot it finds a UART at ttys4, but if thats
the modem it's not lited in my list of devices to try and connect with.

Might try to do a total reinstall and see what happens.
RS