Thanks for the link, I was starting to go crazy with ipchains.

I read the HOWTO IP Masquerading doc, the relevant sections a couple red hat
books, man pages, the red hat website support forums, ...everything.  I can
get ip masquerading to work, it just looses 48% of my packets!!!  So the
connection I get is pretty close to worthless.  This only happens when I add
the ip masquerading rule to my firewall.

Upgrading with up2date right now, I hope this takes care of it.

On the plus side, I learned a lot about other aspects of Linux in the
process, so the time isn't completely wasted. (I must keep reminding myself
of that)

Thanks,
David