> Who are the big domain name registries?
>
> My wife is looking to register a domain name for an organization that
> she belongs to and needs to gather some cost info.
>
> I suggested Network Solutions, Are there any other main registries?
>
> Jay

I'm registered with DomainDirect. The provide "parking" url redirection and
email forwarding. They include a single POP3 box in the account setup which
can be used as a catch-all. It also allows for redirection of subdomains so
if there are websites already out there they can just point various other
sites. Examples: My main site is still on an aol account that I've had setup
forever. My online resume (resume.jacku.com) is on my ATT(mediaone) user
space. Also a photo album of the house we bought this summer is also in that
space but redirected through house.jacku.com. The cost for the "personal
identity account" which includes the parking and registration is $24.95/year.

Note: They are a division of TUCOWS so if you have issues with TUCOWS you
have been warned. :-)

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com