Hello Ben,

In fact I had researched the problem and was using ifconfig.  The problem
was that my eth0 and eth1 devices weren't getting assigned IP addresses by
the DHCP server.  So, the 'ifconfig' command was not showing any IP
addresses, which made me think there was something I was missing.

My current problem is proper firewall configuration and ip masquerading,
which I have posted the list about, but only after checking redhat.com and
reading the relevant sections in Essential System Administration and Red Hat
Linux 6.

But you're right, Ben, I am a newbie.

David