I've used register.com and been very impressed with there customer support processes.  Changing contact and payment information is very smooth.  They do run $35 per domain (I think) so they're not the cheapest.  But it works.  I've considered trying on the the $10 per domain sites (ala godaddy) but haven't gotten around to it yet.

-swf

--
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."   - Walt Disney
Key Fingerprint = 6FB4 A47C 793F 55C4 E2A7  6626 CC49 424A 155C AAD3