On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 11:31:16PM -0600, Jay W. Anderson wrote:
> Who are the big domain name registries?
>
> My wife is looking to register a domain name for an organization that
> she belongs to and needs to gather some cost info.
>
> I suggested Network Solutions, Are there any other main registries?

When I registered my domains at home, I shopped around and settled on
domainmonger.com.  That was about a year and a half ago, so there may
be better deals out there now, but they were quick, easy, and
problem-free.

Then I took an admin job for a company that had already registered
with Network Solutions and quickly discovered why so many people hate
them.  Not only does NetSol charge more than just about anyone else
(are they still $35/year?), but it's a major ordeal to get anything
changed.  Avoid them if at all possible; you'll be a lot happier that
way.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Mr. Slippery