You may need to worry about more than cost.  If you are hosting the domain
at an ISP, or even having an ISP provide DNS, you may me limited in who
the ISP will work with.  (This makes sense for the isp...they don't have
to bounce to several registrars to change the IP of a name server for
instance.)  From personal experience, several local ISP's have
this limitation, including Real-time last time I checked.

That asside, I have used jumpdomain.com before (they are a part of the
OpenSRS group of registrars.)  IMHO, they have a much better way of
accessing your domain and updating it (web-based vs. email-based).  Price
wise they are inexpensive as well.

Dave