> >>But does it really work?
	I have to admit, that even after being around Nate's unbridled
enthusiasm, and helping him play with some of the stuff he's gotten; I still
mistrust the whole buisness. :) I'd rather run cable if at all possible.
Like Bill said, that way you know the limit of your range. :) (you also have
a pretty good idea that people aren't snooping your connection, without the
hassle of setting up IPSec and the like). It's also cheaper, capable of
higher speed, and less prone to interference (yeah, they say it's gotten
better lately; but I'm not fully convinced).

> I just looked up the Wireless HOWTO on LDP and it said the machines have
> to be visible to each other.
	nope. walls will degrade the signal; but won't stop it. you should
be able to go throughout a house, no problem. just don't try it in a
warehouse full of car parts. :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer