On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:48:41 -0600
"Paul Rech" <pauljrech at acm.org> wrote:

> Anyone have the Netgear FA510C?  What little I saw on google was good.
>
> buy.com mentions Linux in the description of the card,  which is nice to
> see and makes me
> believe it's well supported.
>
> Any other cards that do well under Linux?

I regularly use both the 3Com 3c589-D and the NewMedia ethernet adapters in my laptop. Both cards are only 10baseT but they are totally solid. If you are curious about support for a particular make/model, go to your linux source tree (cd /usr/src/linux) run 'make menuconfig' and browse through the PCMCIA network devices.

There are of course PCMCIA and Network HOWTOs, but I suspect that the supported devices get out of date quickly as new kernels emerge.

Bill