On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 01:03:54PM -0600, Munir Nassar wrote:
> After a near miss with the worst file-system failure i have ever
> encountered, i need to research better backup options.
>
> I already have a CD/RW installed and working and purchasing new hardware
> is currently financially out of the question. so what i need is some
> software that would automate the backup procedure to CD/RW and give me a
> good easy way to manage and recover if or when it is needed.

1. Make that partition xfs
2. Make a cron job that xfsdumps it into a file, makes an iso and burns
   it at 4:00 am.
3. Put a sticker on you monitor reminding you to put a blank cd in when
   you go to bed.
4. Sleep well...

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4