I've read that too, the security part that is.  My smbpasswd file only has
two users in it, both are just ordinary user accounts -- definitely no root
account.

I see the benefit of having separate files and was wondering if anyone had
any time-saving scripts for adding new (human) users to both files.  Not to
difficult to do, I just have never written any system admin style scripts
and am not familiar with any of the do's, don'ts, or common practices.
Like, do you keep them in root's home directory or does it depend on what
the script is for, etc.

Plus, I figure I'm not the only one who has ever wanted to automate admin
tasks with scripts and that someone might have something interesting to
share.

Thanks,
David